Rehabilitation and Refurbishing
Refurbishing entails the replacement, improvement or repair of components, systems, equipment and structures of the hydroelectric power station that enable to improve operating conditions and service quality.
Each case should be analyzed in particular not only with respect to the electrical system but also in terms of the use and restrictions of the development. Each river has its own characteristics and different maintenance problems.
Nevertheless, refurbishing seeks to achieve the following purposes:
- Increasing installed capacity.
- Minimizing the risk of incidents.
- Avoiding extended unavailability.
- Increasing the availability of the power station making the system more reliable.
- Extending the service life of equipment.
- Refurbishing and adapting the power station to current technical requirements.
- Reducing start-up, loading and out-of-service times.
- Increasing capacity.
- Streamlining and optimizing the operation.
- Improving the information obtained from the power station.
- Increasing machine efficiency and energy generation.
Air view of the Colider Hydroelectric Power Station, Brazil
The most powerful Kaplan Turbine in the world - Discovery Documentary Excerpt