The Embalse Nuclear Power Plant (NEC) in Córdoba has been operating since 1983, but its guaranteed lifetime of 30 years expired in 2013. The national government and the operator Nucleoeléctrica Argentina proposed to repower it and extend its life for another 30 years, a project that was entrusted to the Canadian technologist Babcock & Wilcox. IMPSA manufactured the four new Steam Generators of greater capacity than the original ones, capable of producing the necessary amount of steam for the power increase imposed to the NEC (40 MW) following the most demanding nuclear quality standards.
- IMPSA at the 21st International Trade and Investment Fair in China
- Successful Prototype Test son IMPSA Turbines for Yacyretá
- Impsa´s way out through exports
- Embalse Nuclear Power Plant is operating at full capacity thanks to IMPSA’s Steam Generators.
- Commissioning and expansion of Anchipurac Photovoltaic Park